Reunited and it feels so good! (Italy day 1 and 2)

Seriously I’ve never felt like such a hopeless traveler. Let me backtrack…

So my sister arrived on Saturday morning (Paris time) and anyone who saw us at the airport must have assume it had been years since we had seen each other (and it had been!) Her long journey had tired her out, so food was the first objective. And what better way to start your European trip than by eating breakfast at McDonalds! We had a lazy morning and then made our way into Paris. We walked a few miles along the seine (with our heavy packs) to get to the train station, where the trouble began….

First things first our train arrives in Paris an hour late… More time to wait. As we board the train they inform us of some « spectacular » news… The 15hr overnight train will be stopping around 2 am. Apparently the train line had some problems and they needed to board all passengers onto a bus that would take us to another train where we would then continue to Venice….

At 2am we were at the border between Italy and France, the conductor came and woke everybody up in the train to get us all on the bus. It was raining and cold and everybody was either in PJ’s or dressed in summer clothes…

By 10 a.m. we arrived in Venice. We didn’t have any cash on us to buy bus tickets so we walked about a km to the nearest atm. We then waited for the bus that was to take us to the campground. The website for the campground failed to mention that the bus had recently changed its route….

After 20 minutes of not seeing our stop we started to wonder where in the world we were. We soon realized that we had reached the end of the line.

With my very minimal Italian skills I asked (again) how to get to where we needed to go. The bus driver told us he would tell us where to get off once the bus had turned around.

Instead of being dropped off 1km from the camp like the website had said we ended up having to walk about 3km in hopes that we were headed in the right direction.

When we finally arrived at the campground we immediately dropped our heavy bags and took a moment of relief, our victory of finally making it!!

We had to wait a few hours to get our room key, so in our dire need for something refreshing we jumped in the pool and then finally got to take much needed showers.

Despite the troubles we’re just happy to be reunited!!


Laisser un commentaire

Entrez vos coordonnées ci-dessous ou cliquez sur une icône pour vous connecter:


Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Déconnexion /  Changer )

Photo Google+

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Google+. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Image Twitter

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Twitter. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Photo Facebook

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Facebook. Déconnexion /  Changer )


Connexion à %s